Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Junk Food-less Celebrating
Today after school is out the wonderful "Harvest Holiday" break begins and will last for a glorious 5 days. We've all been looking forward to being off of school and work for a while. Our budget is way too tight to actually go anywhere, but we're really excited about the prospect of some time just to be at home or doing things around here as a family. But, I'm really struggling. I'm home from work now, and I feel like celebrating, but I've got it in my head that "celebrating" is synonymous with "pigging-out". I want to have a "party" tonight with Tim and the kids, watching movies and eating pizza, chips, and icecream. WHY?? Why is the urge to celebrate by eating so strong? Ugh. Just when I thought I'd come so far. I guess I really have come far, though, because I may get a delite pizza from Papa Muphy's, but I will not be buying chips or icecream. Maybe I can come up with some other fun, healthy foods. I wonder why I even have to use food as celebrating at all though, even healthy food. Then I remember that food itself is not the enemy here. Too much of the wrong kinds of food is. So maybe I'll go ahead and make some of the whole-wheat, sugar-free, egg white, applesause-instead-of-oil pumpkin bread that is my new favorite. I can still celebrate without blowing it, I know I can. And it'll be good practice for all of the majorly food-oriented holidays that are coming up in the next few months- Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and 4 birthdays. Heaven help me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment